Responsible for driving vision, strategy and all aspects of tactical execution of company bottling functions. Analyze bottling reliability reports and make recommendations for bottling equipment improvements. Implement systems, processes and procedures for increased efficiencies through different productivity and cost containment methods. Oversee bottling process, collaboration of quality control procedures, and packaging compatibility. Analyze labor reports and make scheduling recommendations that meet the needs of the business. Manage a staff of employees, including controlling employee workflow and delegating assignments in order to ensure the effective pursuit and completion of projects within budgetary guidelines while upholding high standards of excellence.
Work with cross-functional team members in Packaging Procurement, Laboratory and Quality Control/Assurance, Compliance, Inventory Management, Warehousing, Maintenance and Planning/Scheduling to successfully execute the bottling function.
Responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams with the installation and implementation of all new bottling equipment.
Responsible for hiring, training, developing/mentoring, evaluating, counseling, discipline, and termination of personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and trains people in a way that effectively coaches, motivates and rewards team for performance
- Makes hiring decisions and recommendations for firing decisions based off workplace behaviors
- Manage supplies and equipment to efficiently produce quality finished goods
- Initiate and track non-conforming products and document final disposition
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for proposed capital projects, capital expenditure requests, and equipment purchases and leases
- Draft and review bottling facility budgets; determine staffing (headcount) requirements and direct personnel actions
- Interface with outside vendors regarding packaging suitability and trouble-shooting
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on bottling production plans and case goods storage requirements
- Develop ongoing recommendations to reduce operating costs and improve operational efficiencies.
- Review, negotiate and make decisions to enter into contracts and with nitrogen and equipment manufacturers
- Recommend and implement improvements to sanitation efforts, equipment, employee utilization, and procedural changes
- Works with and communicates closely with Bottling Maintenance with regards to daily maintenance needs as well as on-going maintenance improvement projects
- Review and improve existing and proposed fee structures and pricing strategies
- Contribute to and uphold ISO 9001 standards and quality management system policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Removal or postponement of a client’s project off the production schedule
- Determination/application of additional fees for production activities to client invoices
- Spending authorization
- Hire and terminate employees
- Revise, amend SOP’s
- 10+ Years in a winery environment familiar with Cellar, Barrel, Bottling, Bottling Maintenance, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Compliance, Warehouse, Inventory Management and Winemaking Operations
- Experience in bottling line configuration and design
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading, directing, supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication and mathematical skills
- Inventory reconciliation
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong leadership, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Proficient on company-related software programs and e-mail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Proficiency in speaking/writing English and Spanish a plus