In the late 1990’s the Sodaro’s set out to bottle a premier luxury Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon based wine in the same reputation as Napa’s finest wineries, such as Harlan, 100 Acres, Kapsandy and others. To accomplish this, the first step was to find the area that can produce such a wine and the skilled personnel with the talent to make it happen. After nearly a two year search in the finest wine areas of Sonoma and Napa Counties, they located a 21 acre parcel in the Coombsville area of Napa County, a very unique area of volcanic soils and which receives cool breezes from San Pablo Bay. Perfect for Cabernet Sauvignon, Coombsville is now a highly-regarded AVA.
With their own vineyard and 18,000 of the finest vines selected by one of Napa’s outstanding vineyard managers, and with the help of a prominent soil scientist, all that was left to do was to build a state of the art winery to process their grapes. That was accomplished in 2005.
Since the first harvest in 2004, all of their wines received very high ratings at wine competitions and tastings with wine connoisseurs.
The primary goal is to create a low volume (1,500 cases) and very high end ($150-$500 a bottle) wine.
- The Sales and Marketing Manager will be the visible “face” of Sodaro Wines to the public with special emphasis on the Southern California market from Santa Barbara to San Diego
- You must be a self-starter.
- You must be adept at developing a productive working relationship with customers and consumers and will enjoy representing the winery publicly.
- You will manage all marketing tasks for the winery, and will work closely with the winemaking team, vineyard manager, accounting and ownership.
- You will be responsible for the leadership, development and management of all sales channels, implementing effective and innovative new membership generation strategies as well as upholding the integrity and building of the Sodaro Estate brand image.
- Extensive travel will be required. The position is based out of our offices in Tustin (Orange County), California.
Specific duties :
- Conduct sales calls and relationship building with high-end restaurants in Southern California.
- Represent the winery at trade events and wine tastings.
- Manage existing wholesale relationships. (Manage and drive all sales in channels both retail (DTC) and limited wholesale on-premise channels )
- Manage and continually improve upon Sodaro’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram etc.).
- Oversee all digital and print/email/website content.
- Manage and improve the website and update as needed.
- Direct the creation of all e-commerce/e-campaign materials and distribution including new wine releases and offerings
- Execute and manage the direct-to-consumer marketing plan, to include the selection and management of a small producer co-op wine tasting room.
- Execute a plan to increase allocation membership and manage allocation sales.
- Execute plans to continue participation in national and international wine competitions to gain increased exposure for the winery.
- In coordination with ownership, schedule new releases and prepare new release notifications.
- Work with Winemaker to provide tasting notes for the wine releases.
- Assist with and analyze, evaluate, and negotiate details of educational Winery programs in conjunction with Owner.
- Track, compile and evaluate key data points and financial information and prepare reports as requested by Owner. Develop all of the DTC budgets and goals.
- Experience in two areas is very important. First knowledge and contacts in the high end restaurant business in Southern California and second promoting the Sodaro brand to serious oenophiles around the world through the Scion Society wine club and social media.
- Ability to travel throughout Orange, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Riverside Counties. Frequent travel to Napa County will also be required.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to evolving responsibilities as well as open to new learning opportunities.
Location: Tustin, California