MUST HAVE WINERY OR WINEMAKING EXPERIENCE TO APPLY:
The position of Production Planner supports the bottling operations and administration by facilitating communication between Clients, vendors, compliance, and bottling operations to ensure pre-bottling processes are complete and accurate. Additionally, the position is responsible for accurate post-production documentation and reporting. The role also supports all Department Managers in various capacities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with the Supply Chain Director to update the Bottling Schedule with the goal to increase line efficiencies and utilization as well as to minimize labor expenses, changeover time requirements, and overtime expenses.
- Serve as an interface between outside client and the following internal departments: Winemaking, Bottling, Compliance, and Maintenance, Scheduling, Warehousing, Lab, Cellar, Accounts Receivable and Costing.
- Ensure the timely delivery of all packaging materials for client projects, in coordination with their vendors. Ensure that packaging inventories are sufficient to meet client bottling requirements.
- Distribute incoming label samples to Compliance, Production, Winemaking depts. and, client-designated consultants.
- Create and provide complete and accurate production work packet, including case labels, to production floor
- Interface with Lab packaging QC personnel to ensure that all received packaging materials have sufficient quality standards so as to not compromise bottling line efficiencies, shrink, re-work, and labor requirements. Provide detail notification to clients of sub-par quality related packaging issues.
- Create Special Project work orders and submit to AR for billing along with ample descriptions for the client.
- Coordinate releases for all incoming glass needed to supply bottling lines.
- Work closely with the Inventory Control Lead to resolve shortages or inventory discrepancies.
- Take an active and direct role in dispute resolution and other customer service related issues with our outside clients for any issues pertaining to bottling quality, inventories, or billing discrepancies.
- Coordinate with Bottling, Winemaking, and Maintenance to arrange proper scheduling for labor to ensure adequate labor is scheduled and overtime expenses are minimized.
- Evaluate new projects to test for compatibility of client’s materials with bottling line equipment.
- Backflush Boms in NAV to consume packaging inventory in coordination with Cost and Buyers/Production Planners.
- Ensure timely distribution and completion of all bottling and labeling reports.
- Create, obtain client approval of, and disseminate print/apply case label files
- Handle production schedule changes and adjust requirements for incoming materials to ensure no down time is incurred on production floor as well as to minimize changeover times and overtime expenses.
- Coordinate with Inventory Department and Supply Chain on removal of client’s leftover/obsolete materials
- Contribute to and uphold ISO standards and quality management system policies.
- Assist Supply Chain Director in various tasks associated with ISO, HACCP, and Food Safety Programs
- Assist in maintaining correct inventories of certain operating supplies
- Assist all department managers in special projects as time and resources allow
Director of Supply Chain
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and make independent decisions.
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, Microsoft Navision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Basic knowledge of the winery's ISO and Food Safety Programs
- Minimum 4 years of Production and Materials planning in the wine or related industry.
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on MRP, Excel and Outlook.
- Good math and English reading and writing skills
- Some knowledge of UPC and SCC bar code creation
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skill
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work long days when required
- Self-starter and ability to look for areas to improve processes.
- Previous experience in an industry with a Quality System, with emphasis on HACCP.
- Ability to “multi-task” and handle various duties within a work schedule