Benchmark Consulting is locating and screening candidates for this producer of fine wines.
Turn-Key Wine Brands provides clients with market-ready private label wine brands. A family owned business, Turn Key is intimately tied to every aspect of the Private Label process, and this is the unique basis of our success.
We farm our vineyards and own our production facilities. We employ experienced vineyard managers and winemakers, as well as an industry-specific design and packaging firm. We also collaborate with skilled growers throughout California to source an extensive portfolio of wines for our clients. From conception to delivery of your brand, Turn Key provides a streamlined and affordable process, marked by quality at each step.
We’re more than just vineyard owners, farmers, winemakers, and artists. We’re versatile craftsmen who bring our varied experience to bear on each project and create profitable private labels for our clients.
For more information regarding Benchmark Consulting or to submit your resume, please visit www.benchmarkhr.com
A rapidly growing winery seeks an energetic, highly motivated individual to manage its distributor network in the US. You must be highly organized, entrepreneurial, and have a track record of getting outstanding performance through distributor sales teams via multiple channels. You must also have had significant distributor management success growing a portfolio year over year.
The National Sales Manager reports to the SVP of Sales and Marketing.
There are 2 regional sales managers reporting into this role.
• Manage distributors to achieve volume goals.
• Introduce and promote company brands and strategies and take responsibility for distributors and channel markets in assigned areas.
• Call on retail, on-premise, broad market and chain accounts in conjunction with the distributor sales force and independently to insure that displays, promotional activities and merchandising are in place.
• Exercise appropriate behavior with Distributors and Accounts, always representing supplier brands in the best and most professional manner.
• Solicit sales and develop new accounts while maintaining established accounts.
• 60% time Wholesaler concentration (in market or at wholesaler), 30 % time with the trade (on own or with wholesaler reps), 10 % time on administrative, preplanning and follow up.
• Be prepared to work evening and weekend hours when necessary to accomplish immediate goals and required administrative tasks.
This role has overall responsibility for sales division personnel.
Insure the company’s resources are allocated in territories that promote the long term and short term goals of TurnKey Brands.
Insure all sales people are trained in product knowledge, pricing & programming, TurnKey Brands Values, Brand Strategies and Distributor management. Develop Manager’s that show and express interest in upward mobility for future positions.
Set the budget for Salaries, T&E and benefits that express the values of TurnKey Brands and stay inside the annual budgets approved by the SVP of Sales and Marketing of the company.
Create a positive and high powered work atmosphere through communication, opportunities and personal & professional growth.
Produce annual budgets for case sales by Brand and by Item to meet and exceed direction from the owners and promote long and short term goals.
Identify channels of distribution to expand Brand Equity and Brand Awareness. Increase market penetration by channel.
Develop a 3 to 5-year plan that is measurable and plausible to insure our vision for TurnKey Brands shortly (updated annually).
Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
Establish effective working relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Logistics, etc.) to address business issues and opportunities.
Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales and production forecasts.
Profit & Loss-Insure profitability for Turn Key Brands:
-marketing dollars to drive awareness and volume
Insure all Marketing Directives are executed by the sales force.
Assist with POS development.
Maintain liaisons with marketing division to assure proper communication and coordination of activities.
Maintain liaisons with corporate office to assure proper communication and coordination of activities.
overall responsibility of assuring correct current pricing levels are submitted to the office along with current spend programming.
The National Sales Manager can be based in anywhere close to a major airport.
The following are some of the skills, talents and experience the client would like the candidate to bring to the position:
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• A strong knowledge of and passion for wine and the wine industry
• 3-5 years related wine industry experience required
• Experience managing distributor inventories, pricing, and programming
• Experience selling to on and off premise accounts, as well as national chain accounts
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to teach and motivate distributor sales personnel
• Outgoing, approachable personality - this role is the “face” of the brand.
• Highly motivated, results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment.
• Must be effective through others, manage time well and prioritize tasks.
• Ability to travel extensively as much as 60% of the time.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and database software.
• Ability to lift and carry a 9.0 liter case of wine.
The Client Company and Benchmark Consulting are committed to an equal opportunity hiring policy and work environment.
If you are interested and qualified please contact:
(707) 933-1508 fax
Benchmark vigorously protects its proprietary information and its contractual rights. Each of the position openings posted on this website are pursuant to an express retained search agreement between the applicable prospective employer and its exclusive employee recruiting agent, Benchmark Consulting. Information regarding these openings is to be used by prospective candidates only, and for no other purpose. Use of the information found on this website by other employment recruiting firms for purposes of inducing a breach of contract between the applicable employer and Benchmark may constitute tortious interference of contractual relations, with resulting liability. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of the information contained in these listings, whether by individuals or other placement services, is strictly prohibited. Benchmark reserves the right to pursue its remedies to the fullest extent available in law or equity against any and all individuals and entities who attempt to use the information posted on this website in any manner which is detrimental to Benchmark's interests.