This Senior Sales Manager is responsible for selling closures nationally.
This opportunity is working on the ground floor help building a new and dynamic closure company. The SSM will be in charge of a clients’ portfolio, but will have very ambitious prospection objectives as well as general sales management responsibilities.
The Clients are mainly Wineries, Breweries and Cideries or designers working along with them.
Travel is required. It is essential that the candidate possess a down-to-earth personality and be able to work collaboratively with the team. The relation with our client usually includes:
- Product presentations to key decision makers
- Formal wine evaluations / tastings and technical round tables
- Scheduling events with winemaking staff
- Business lunches & dinners when appropriate
This position is located in Napa
- Maintaining and growing market share with existing client base
- Identify and pursue new specifically targeted customers
- Present and sell new products to winemakers and key decision makers
- Successfully track sales with clients
- Effectively communicate product recommendations
- Manage the company sales Forecast collaboratively with sales team
- Manage annual sales information as well as tracking progress via rolling forecasts
- Work with office staff to provide the best possible service to our clients
- Clear understanding of the wine industry culture from an insiders point-of-view
- Good understanding of the whole supply chain (from purchasing to development, quality, production)
- Good understanding of the Clients’ environment and positioning, Experience in Key Accounts and High End products. At ease with PR networking environments, Empathy, Customer focused, adaptable
- Product development experience (artworks, samplings, samples, quality and production…), Project Management experience (Lead Time, Team coordination)
- Demand Management experience (Forecasts, Orders…)
- Rigor and discipline in Organization (Planning, Forecasting and Reporting), in Customer Relation (Contracts, Invoicing, Payments), in following the corporate policy in terms of prices and objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree with Enology or technical degree preferred
- At least five years of experience working directly with winemakers and other decision makers in a sales capacity
- Proven experience and abilities in educating and motivating.
- A passion for wine and the business as a whole.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Wide comfort range in dealing with an exceptionally diverse community, distributor, lifestyle and economic customer base.
- Strategic planning abilities and experience with attention to financial budgeting and financial management.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills (Microsoft Office and Advanced Excel)
- Willingness and ability to travel at will.
- Valid driver’s license; physical ability to accomplish travel by car and plane, visit multiple locations both inside the winery and in the vineyards, ability to climb stairs; ability to sit and operate computer.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to articulate the sensory experience during formal and informal wine tastings
- Valid driver license with a clean DMV record
- Strong communication skills - MS office proficiency
- The Client Company and Benchmark Consulting are committed to an equal opportunity hiring policy and work environment.
If you are interested and qualified, please contact:
(707) 933-1508 fax
Benchmark vigorously protects its proprietary information and its contractual rights. Each of the position openings posted on this website are pursuant to an express retained search agreement between the applicable prospective employer and its exclusive employee recruiting agent, Benchmark Consulting. Information regarding these openings is to be used by prospective candidates only, and for no other purpose. Use of the information found on this website by other employment recruiting firms for purposes of inducing a breach of contract between the applicable employer and Benchmark may constitute tortious interference of contractual relations, with resulting liability. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of the information contained in these listings, whether by individuals or other placement services, is strictly prohibited. Benchmark reserves the right to pursue its remedies to the fullest extent available in law or equity against any and all individuals and entities who attempt to use the information posted on this website in any manner which is detrimental to Benchmark's interests.